Apr 17, 2017

DIY Easy and Gorgeous Personalized Filigree Angel Ornaments!


Click on the following link to see my full YouTube tutorial:



UPDATE: I have been informed that ButterBeeScraps no longer carry the butterflies. You CAN go to Ebay or Etsy to find them. Just type in the words "Metal Filigree Butterfly Connectors" and many different connectors will pop up. You can use many various types of butterfly connectors for the wings. They don't have to be the exact size that I showed in this video.  


Make this lovely lightweight angel for someone you love and care about! You can purchase scrapbooking letters and attach the person's first initial on the angel's body with Mod Podge Super Gloss One Coat Finish. Don't confuse this with the regular glue-type Mod Podge! The one I mentioned is a clear gloss finish. Be sure to catch my full YouTube tutorial!


Materials Needed:

1 Filigree Butterfly Connector
1 20mm Flat Back Rhinestone (I used Recollections brand)
Small & Medium Flat Back Rhinestones (I used Recollections brand)
Small Heart Flat Back Rhinestone
White STIFF Felt (NON-adhsive) Found at Michael's
DecoArt Craft Twinkles in Cyrstal
Super Fine Glitter (I used Recollections brand in the color “Glitz.”
Mod Podge Super Gloss One Coat Finish

Low Temp Hot Glue
Ornament or Beading Thread

*NOTE: If you can't find stiff, white felt, you can use regular felt and paint fabric stiffener on both sides, allowing one side to dry and then the other.