Nov 24, 2023

DIY~Super Cute Christmas Tags Using Felt Sticker Characters!

 


Hi Everyone! Please enjoy today's Christmas tag tutorial. I used some of my felt character stickers (the reindeer and gingerbread man,) plus, I threw Santa in the mix. Santa isn't felt; he's a cupcake topper. I had a lot of him, so I thought I'd use some of those toppers on tags. So have fun with these and I hope I've inspired you to make some tags! Please click on the following link to see my YouTube tutorial:
https://youtu.be/6BCpz_vLOlQ


Materials Needed

*80 Lb. Cardstock (Your choice of color.)
*Christmas print scrapbook paper (Your choice)
*I used Walmart's "Pen & Gear" Diamond Glitter Cardstock (104 Lb.) found near the computer paper. I'll list the oval die-cutting rings below. You can also purchase an oval punch if you don't have a die cutter (such as CuttleBug or Gemini.)
*I used my Triple Tag Punch (which I LOVE.) I purchased mine on Amazon. I'll give you the link below. 
*Felt Sticker Character (I purchased the reindeer and gingerbread man stickers from Hobby Lobby.)
*Tiny Buttons (I found all of my tiny buttons at Hobby Lobby. They are the "Sewology" brand. They're on a spinning rack in the fabric dept.)
*Narrow Ribbon/Rick Rack (1/2 inch width max. A little smaller would be better.)
*Adhesive Rhinestones of your choice 4mm to 6mm work the best. 
*Small Holly Berries (Hobby Lobby)
*Holly Leaves (I used a Holly Leaf punch. It's an old punch that I bought from Ebay. If you don't have a punch, you can invest in one OR purchase the holly leaves from just about any craft store or online.) 
*Snowflake (I punched out my own snowflake using my punch and "Silly Winks" craft foam from Hobby Lobby. If you don't have that, you can buy your snowflake embellishments. 
*"Polymer Clay" Candy Canes. They also have cute candy canes at Hobby Lobby. They sell them by the bag where all the Christmas craft kiosks are. I'll give you the link below to the Polymer Clay candy canes that I purchased. 
*Red Organza Ribbon (I found mine (with seams) in the Wedding Dept. at Hobby Lobby.)
*Gold Cord (Optional)
*Red/White Bakers Twine (I used a nice thickness.)
*Tiny Self-Adhesive Red Heart Rhinestones (I bought these last Valentine's Day. Hobby Lobby or Dollar Tree?)
*Beacon FabriTac Glue



Here is the link to the Amazon triple tag punch:
https://www.amazon.com/Punch-1-5inch-2-5inch-Crafting-Scrapbooking/dp/B08L188SPX/

Here is the link to the oval ring that I used for the base:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07831R1JC

Here is the link to the "Polymer Clay" candy canes. I chose the "20 Pcs Mix Small Crutches" (They described them as crutches. Lol)
https://www.temu.com/10-20-50pcs-simulation-candy-sticks-charms-christmas-crutches-chocolate-rolls-craft-for-diy-accessories-jewelry-embellishments-handmade-decors-g-601099525807231.html