Skip to main content

Amazing Doctored Ghirardelli Brownies For Christmas Gifts!



Hi Everyone!

I was looking on the internet for various ways to doctor up a brownie mix. I wasn't looking for something ridiculously indulgent, but something that would kick up your brownies a notch. Well, I found it! A Chef recommended replacing the water with a dark roast coffee, then replacing the oil with a cube of softened butter (½ cup). Oh, and of course, you add 1 egg. I used the Ghirardelli brownie mix that I purchased at Costco. You pay about $9.99 for 6 packages. I was hesitant about using the dark roast coffee in place of the water because I don't care for desserts that taste like coffee. The Chef in the article said the taste of the coffee would not be detectable, but it would give the chocolate an enhanced flavor. The article also mentioned I could add pecans, but I decided against it because the people who would be eating this do not like nuts. I know! Crazy people! LOL! With that said, I mixed up a batch and poured the batter into a round 9 inch cake pan that I sprayed with Baker's Joy. I put the pan into a pre-heated 325 degree oven and baked the brownies for about 48 minutes. After I allowed the brownies to completely cool in the pan, I sliced the brownies in triangular wedges and stacked them in a Rubbermaid container with a piece of wax paper in between. People, I have to tell you that the brownies were THE absolute bomb! The flavor was incredible and to me, it tasted like homemade. I plan on making them for Christmas as this would be a VERY cheap gift and something I think everyone would appreciate. I'm thinking with each brownie mix, you should be able to fill 4 bakeware cups. (Check out the large free-standing bakeware cups that I purchased!) They also have the bakeware cups in the Wilton baking section at Michael's. These cups are NOT your typical extra large cupcake liners. These are 4 inches across the bottom and you set them on a cookie sheet to bake. When the brownies are out of the oven and 100% cold to the touch, you can place each cup into a clear cellophane loot bag and tie it with a beautiful Christmas bow and maybe attach a handmade ornament. By the way, you can find the loot bags at the Dollar Tree OR Walmart in the party section. TIP: If you are giving these brownies as a gift, I would not bake them any sooner than a day in advance. Oh, and if you don't have a Costco near you, you can certainly use the Ghirardelli brownie mixes off the store shelf! Enjoy!


Comments

  1. TY I'm planning to try this recipe. Thinking about packaging for individual gifts. Maybe 25 oz flat square plastic carton will be easy to pack and stack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful idea!!! i'm all over this. thanks for all the many wonderful ideas and crafts that you share. i have made it my mission to watch all of your videos and and i only like about a fourth of them. when i am in my craft room, i turn on my tv and my roku and find your youtube channel and we craft together!!! and i must say that we have a good time. hahaha i have gotten so many wonderful christmas ideas and i can't wait to get even more from you. just last evening i went to my dollar tree and got a 6 oz tub of spackling compound and put it into a rubber mold and made several small, lightweight embellishments. i don't think it was anything i seen you do, but i look at dollar tree goods in a different light now, and when this came together for me, i thought about you. so thanks for all the fun ideas. i do like that you keep it real, mistakes and all. and i do not care how long your videos are. if someone complains, then they are just a complainer by nature, so don't don't worry about what they say, keep on doing what you do, unapologetically. thanks again, patty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY~Gorgeous Sparkly Plastic Spoon Ornaments From Dollar Tree! Amazing!

Make your own gorgeous Dollar Tree silver plastic spoon ornaments! Use your left over craft supplies, such as charms, buttons, etc.~ The possibilities are endless! Please click on my following YouTube link to see how to put these beauties together:

https://youtu.be/w16wVkM3W7Q

It's really important that you watch my YouTube video Tutorial before making these ornaments. They aren't difficult to put together at all, however, I have a lot of valuable info that will keep you from making the mistakes that I made when I first started this. Plus, you'll have a better understanding of what you will need or what you have available to you to put these ornaments together. :o)


Materials Needed:

*Dollar Tree Metallic Silver Plastic Ware Spoons
*Various shades and grits of glitter (Please see tutorial for explanation!)
*Mod Podge Super Gloss~One Coat Gloss Finish
*12mm flatback Resin Hearts, Rhinestones, Pearls, Etc.
*Tiny Heart Charms or Word Charms (See Tutorial)
*Filigree Connectors
*Bails, Sm…

DIY~Stunning Dancing Lights Faux Candle Ornament!

Make this super inexpensive and beautiful "dancing lights" faux candle ornament! This was very easy to put together and it looks so beautiful in the dark. Please click on the following link to see my full YouTube tutorial on how to make this!

https://youtu.be/h5hfT3NkoYM


Materials Needed

*Open Face Acrylic Bulb ~ The seller that I mentioned in my video has not restocked this item, therefore, I'm giving you a few alternative links as to where you can purchase these bulbs. 

Factory Direct Crafts calls it an "Open Face Ornament."
https://factorydirectcraft.com

http://www.orientaltrading.com

*They also sell the bulbs as a seasonal Christmas item at Michael's for $2.99 each. 

*Iridescent Type Glitter (I used HeidiSwapp's Love Marquee) You can find this at Michael's or on Ebay.
*Decorative Christmas Picks (See tutorial!)
*Faux Candle from the Dollar Tree
*Flat Back Rhinestones (Crystal) from the Dollar Tree
*Silver Diamond Mesh from the Dollar Tree
*Rhinestone Reindee…

DIY~Adorable Wrapped Charm Ornaments Made With Left Over Craft Supply Bits & Pieces!

You can EASILY make these adorable wrapped charm ornaments from all the bits and bobs you have left over in your craft supply stash! So look in your drawers and in all those little boxes you have stowed away for left over buttons, bits, bobs, ribbon, charm, etc! Click on the following link to see my full tutorial! Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/2OWpeInAgVI


Materials Needed

* Wide Tongue Depressors- 8 inch long by 1 inch wide. (I bought mine at Micheal's, however, I recently saw the same size at Walmart in the craft section.)
* Left over ribbon (See tutorial!)
*Left over buttons, charms, flat back embellishments, etc. 
*Left over cords
*Jump Rings (7mm or 8mm)


*Jump Rings
*Hot Glue Gun
* Hole Puncher (I use a bottle cap hole puncher that I purchased on Ebay.)
* Pair of strong, long blade junky scissors that you don't really care about. 
*Precision or detail scissors
*Ruler 
*Mechanical Pencil 

*I've used the following Ebay seller many times when purchasing "bling" for my projects. I…