Please click on the following link to see my full YouTube tutorial:
Save your toilet tissue rolls throughout the year and you can make beautiful and simple Christmas ornaments with your kids this Christmas! These are so much fun to create and they are so lovely on the tree! See the above video for the tutorial and down below as to the materials you will need.
*Toilet Tissue Roll (Empty)
*Glossy, Metallic or Pearl Acrylic Paints In Your Choice Of Colors (I used the Martha Stewart Brand in "Hummingbird)
*Large, Round Acrylic Flat back Rhinestones
*Aleene's Tacky Glue
*Fine Crystal Glitter (I used Recollections fine glitter in "Blanco Rosado")
*Small Sponge Brush and Paint Brush
*Scrapbooking Hole Punch
*Low-Temp. Hot Glue Gun
1. Flatten the empty toilet tissue roll with your hands.(You can also use empty paper towel rolls.)
2. Cut 3/4 inch strips for 5 petals or slightly over 1/2 inch strips to create 6 petals. I used 6 petals with my flower.
3. Paint the outside of the petals with a small sponge brush and allow to dry on a sheet of waxed paper.
4. Paint the inside with a regular paint brush, being sure to paint the inside corners. Allow to dry.
5. Dip your index finger into the tacky glue and run it along the front edges of the petals. Dip the petal into the glitter. Do this on both sides and allow to dry.
6. .Pinch one end of each of the petals and attach to one another with the low-temp. hot glue. Lastly, hot glue a large flat-back rhinestone on each side of the ornament.
7. Punch a hole at the top with your scrapbook hole punch and string ornament thread through the hole.