Apr 17, 2017

DIY~Beautiful Personalized Photo Ornaments From Ink Jet Printer, Using Cardboard & Bling!


Make these gorgeous personalize ornaments for Christmas gifts! They are simply made from an ink jet printer, cardboard and bling. They couldn't be more easy and inexpensive to make. Not only that, people love it when you take the time to make an ornament of someone they love to place on their tree! I made these two ornaments of my Grandma (on the left) and my Mom (on the right.) They are both gone now, so I made them for this year's tree. Please click on the following YouTube link to see my full tutorial, as I give many tips when making the ornaments:




*Note: I used Mark Montano's method of gluing the photo copy to the cardboard. You can find Mark's wonderful videos at the following link:


Materials Needed:

* Cardboard (I just used the insert that was inside a Dollar Tree calendar that I bought.)
*A photo that has been printed out on your ink jet OR laser printer.
*Coordinating Scrapbook Paper for the back of the ornament.
*Mod Podge "One Coat Gloss Finish." This is different from regular Mod Podge. It has a blue label and it is a gloss that dries like clear glass. See my tutorial! 
* Soft Brush (I use and Elf brand foundation brush that I bought from the Dollar Tree.
*Bling on a roll (Recollections brand) OR Strips of sticky back bling in your choice of size, such as 2mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm OR 6mm.
*Pearl Chain (No larger than 6mm)
*Shamballa Bead and Bead Cap
*Ornament Hook
*Small Flat Back Heart Bling
*8mm AND 10mm Jump Ring
*Narrow Ribbon

*Precision or detail scissors
*Long blade scissors
*Hot Glue Gun
*Flat Back Pliers
*Round Nose Pliers