Make these adorable no-sew Chubby Snow Bunnies for Christmas out of kid size Dollar Tree Socks! These are unbelievably easy to put together AND very inexpensive! Please click on the following YouTube link to see my full tutorial, as I give many tips when making these bunnies:
TIP: If you are concerned about bugs when storing your snow bunnies, you can crush a bay leaf and put it inside the sock. This will repel any bugs.
You will find the pattern you need for the 2 inch tall oval bunny ears at this site:
**You can also make your own oval bunny ears, if you wish.**
*White Kids Athletic Socks in size 4-6.1/2
* Colorful Kids Socks in sizes smaller than the white socks. (Toddler)
*Felt For Scarves In Coordinating Colors With Hat
*White Felt for feet
*Chenille Pipe Cleaners-red and white or whatever coordinates with your bunny.
*2 of the 12mm White Pom-Poms for the hands.
*2 of the 10mm White Pom-Poms for the face.
*1 of the 22mm or 24mm White Pom-Poms for the tail.
*Tiny Bells for hat embellishment.
*Red Heart Shaped Flat Back Rhinestone
*Rhinestone bling strip, if making a girl bunny.
*Clear, Small Rubber Bands (Found in the hair care section at Dollar Tree, 99 Cent Store OR the Goody Brand from any grocery store. Those are little more heavy-duty.)
* Upholstery Thread (White) to tie the bells around the hat. (Found at Walmart)
*Black Puffy Paint AND Pink Puffy Paint if making a girl bunny.
*Narrow Hemp Cord in white OR dark brown. (I found mine at Michael's in the Bead Landing brand.)
*Pink Blush from the Dollar Tree
*Ultra Fine Glitter for inside ears (optional!)
*Scissors (Detail pair and larger pair.)
*Hot Glue Gun
*Aleene's Turbo Tacky Glue
This is the order in which you should put your Chubby Snow Bunny together:
1. Stuff sock with white rice.
2. Make hat with bells or other embellishment
3. Make ears and glue to hat. Add fine glitter IF wanted.
4. Glue on pom-pom hands.
5. Make candy cane and glue to pom-pom hands.
6. Glue on pom-pom tail.
7.Make scarf with snowflake embellishment.
8. Make white felt feet and glue to bottom of mouse.
9. Add heart bling.
10. Make face in this order...glue pom-poms on face, put blush on cheeks, add whiskers, make eyes and nose with black puffy paint and place bunny level on back to dry.